- Dasgupta, S, Satija, S and Gauba, P. (2017) "Energy use behaviour of manufacturing industries in India: An analysis using KLEMS framework". Journal of Industrial Statistics. 6(1), 72-88. (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Govt. of India)
- Dasgupta, S. and Roy, J. (2016) "Analysing energy intensity trends and decoupling of growth from energy use in Indian manufacturing industries during 1973-74 to 2011-12", Energy Efficiency. 10, 925-943. (Springer)
- Dasgupta, S. and Roy, J. (2015). "Understanding
technological progress and input price as drivers of energy demand in
manufacturing industries in India". Energy
Policy, 83, 1-13. (Elsevier)
- Contributing Author - Chapter 10 "Industry" in: Climate Change (2014): Mitigation of Climate Change. Contribution of Working Group III to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Ghosh, D., Dasgupta, S., Ghosh, A. and Ghosh, G. (2014). "Energy consumption in the manufacturing sector in Odisha: complexities for sustainability transition due to size mix within the sector". Journal of Industrial Statistics, 3(2), 199-223. (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Govt. of India)
- Chakraborty, D. and Dasgupta, S. (2014). Assessing information gap in industrial performance analysis for sustainable development: insights from case study of paper industry in india". Journal of Industrial Statistics, 3(1), 23-39. (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Govt. of India)
- Chakraborty, D. and Dasgupta, S. and Roy, J. (2013). "Rebound effect: how much to worry?" Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. 5(2), 216 - 228. (Elsevier)
- Roy, J., Ghose, D., Ghosh, A., and Dasgupta, S. (2013). "Fiscal instruments: crucial role in financing low carbon transition in energy systems". Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. 5(2), 261 -269. (Elsevier).
- Dasgupta, S., Roy, J., et al. (2012). "Growth Accounting for Six Energy Intensive Industries in India". Journal of Industrial Statistics. 1(1), 1-15. (Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Govt. of India)
- Hill, E., Samson, M, and Dasgupta, S. (2011). "Expanding the School Market in India: Parental Choice and the Reproduction of Social Inequality". Economic & Political Weekly. XLVI (35).
- Roy, J. and Dasgupta, S. (2010). "The Economics of Nuclear Energy: Revising Resurrection" in Artha Beekshan: Journal of Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad (Bengal Economic Association). 19 (1), 3-32.
Chapters in edited volumes
- Roy, J., Dasgupta, S., et. al. (Article in press).
"Governing national actions for global climate stabilization: examples from
India" in Barua, A., Narain, V., Vij, S. (Eds.) Climate Governance in South
Asia. Taylor and Francis.
- Dasgupta, S., van-der Salm, F. and Roy, J. (2015). "Designing PAT as a climate policy in India: lssons learnt from EU-ETS" in N. Ghosh, P. Mukhopadhyay, A. Shah, M. Panda (Eds.) Nature, Economy and Society: Understanding the Linkages. 2015 (Sept). Springer.
- Roy, J., Dasgupta, S. and Chakrabotry, D. (2013). "Energy efficiency: technology, behavior and development" in Andreas Goldthau (Ed.) The Handbook of Global Energy Policy. (First Edition, pp. 282-302) Wiley-Blackwell.
- Dasgupta, S. and Ghosh, G. (2013). "Efficiency in input use: estimating performance of manufacturing sector in West Bengal during 1990-91 to 2009-10" in S. Pan, S. Ghosh and A. Karmakar (Eds.), Two Decades of Economic Reforms in India (pp 202-216) Regal Publications: New Delhi, India.
- Roy, J., and Dasgupta, S. (2012). "Forest management: A new dimension" in Raj Kumar Sen (Ed.) Forest Management and Sustainable Development. Pp 16-24. Deep and Deep Publications Ltd, New Delhi. ISBN 978-81-8450-4262. 2012.
- Dasgupta, S., Gauba, P., Satija, S. (2017) "The
pattern of inter-fuel substitution in energy intensive manufacturing industries
in India during 2000-01 - 2011-12" in the Proceedings of 40th
International Conference of International Association of Energy Economics.
- Roy, J., Dasgupta, S. and Chakraborty, D. (2017). "Deep
decarbonisation in industries: what does it mean for India?" Wuppertal
Institute's brochure on the LCS-RNet conference 2016. Wuppertal Institute for
Climate, Environment and Energy, Wuppertal, Germany.
- J. Roy and Das, A. and Dasgupta, S. (2015). "Arsenic safe
water access system (ASWAS): missing links?" In proceedings of the workshop on
Incidence of high arsenic in ground water in West Bengal and its remedial
measures by Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga
Rejuvenation, Govt. of India.
- Ghosh, D., Dasgupta, S. Ghosh, A and Ghosh, G. (2012). "Manufacturing sector in Odisha: issues in energy consumption and sustainability transition".
In proceedings of Odisha Environment Congress 2012. Bhubaneswar, India.
- Dasgupta, S. and Roy, J. (2012). "Aluminium
industry in India: estimating performance from the perspective of resource
use". Proceeding of International Conference on Energy and Environmental Issues
in Non-Ferrous Industries: Compilation of Benchmarks. Department of Metallurgy and Materials
Engineering Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur in association
with Millennium Institute of Energy & Environment Management. 2012.
- Dasgupta, S and Roy, J. (2009). "Tax as a climate response strategy: case of multiple pollutants". Proceedings of the National Seminar on Mathematical
Modelling of pollution and Global Warming (2008-09) by Indian Society of
Non-linear Analysis (ISNA), pp 27-40.